The SH-ECM-3224 is an input/output (I/O) device that interconnects via the Controller Area Network (CAN), to other electronic control modules (ECMs) in a vehicle. It typically interconnects the loom/dash controls with the various body control functions directly and via the other ECMs. Its compactness makes it easy to install in the vehicle cab, close to the dashboard I/Os and the chassis fuse-box loom. A graphical user interface (touch screen) could be co-located for driver access and status reporting. I/Os can be configured to control and provide power to indicators, wipers, headlights, fans and numerous other loads in the vehicle. The SH ECMs are interchangeable; keeping the harness standardized thus enhancing implementation and maintainability. It may also be deployed as a stand-alone general purpose/special function controller. A sufficient number of ECMs strategically deployed throughout a vehicle, substantially simplifies the wire harness design and eliminates any need for fuse and relay circuits.
- Continuous total load current up to 80A.
- Powerful ARM™ Cortex M4 Micro Controller Unit (MCU).
- Two CANbus J1939 compliant ports.
- Compactness enable deployment at load locations.
- Internal Accelerometer: 3 Axis, ±2g, 4g, 8g
- Continuous diagnostic feedback on the CAN bus.
- Current limits and trip delays are configurable per individual SH ECM output.
- Easy fitment, changes, upgrades, expansions.
- Internal temperature sensing: -40°C to 125°C, ±2°C.
- Inrush current active management.
- Considerable reduction in electrical wiring and installation time.
- Output channels can be combined (paralleled) to meet the increased current requirement.
- Accurate voltage and current measurements/ feedback on each output channel.
- Optimized EMC.
- Rapid short circuit and over temperature protection of the module, loads and wiring.
- Thermal shut down.
- Over voltage clamp.
- Electrostatic discharge protection.
- Robust die-cast aluminium enclosure: IP67 compliant.
- Suited for extreme vibration and mechanical shock environments.
- Vehicle body control functions.
- General purpose controller.
- Industrial automation.
- Thirty two configurable inputs.
- Twenty four configurable highside driver outputs (80A total).
- Operating voltage: 10VDC to 36VDC.
- Operating temperature: -30°C to +85°C.
- Reverse polarity protection up to 100VDC.
- MIL-STD-1275 Version D compliant.
- Physical size (mm): 197 x 157 x 49 (W x L x H).
- Mass: 1.4kg.