The SmartHarness™ Power Distribution Unit 250A-14 (SH-PDU-250A-14) is a high current Solid State Power Controller (SSPC), functioning as a power management unit in vehicles. It supplies electrical power for C4I (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence) systems. It includes a built in transient voltage suppressor (SH-TVS-1275) module, thus ensuring full protection of the SH PDU and all ‘downstream’ electrical systems against ‘load dump’ and high voltage spike occurrences as described in MIL-STD-1275D. The compactly designed SH PDU unit can be mounted using different mounting bracket configurations to suit the user’s requirements (bracket options not shown).
The SH-PDU-250A-14 has six (6) general-purpose inputs available. These inputs can be software configured to accept analog or digital signals (including four counter/timers). Any vehicle body condition that needs to be monitored, i.e. Ignition switch, D+, wiper park feedback, speed, etc. could be wired to any PDU input. The front connector panel can be customised to meet the customers’ connector configuration requirements.
The SH-PDU-250A-14 has fourteen (14) highside output drivers configured to various current ratings. These source currents and voltages are continuously and individually monitored with high precision sense techniques. Diagnostic feedback such as open-circuit and short-circuit conditions are monitored. The outputs function as switches with configurable current trip settings (fuse value) as well as trip delay settings (i.e. short/fast blow etc.). After a trip occurrence, the output will be restored, avoiding false 'blown-fuse' situations as with traditional fuses. A PDU output will thus act as a 'reset-able fuse'. A single output can serve two or more loads simultaneously. Further, two or more output driver channels may be connected and activated together to increase the driver current as required for a specific load. The SH PDU also has built-in over current protection, set to the channel maximum current for unexpected major intelligence system failure.
- Continuous total load current up to 250A.
- Powerful ARM™ Cortex M4 Micro Controller Unit (MCU).
- One CANbus J1939 compliant port.
- Compactness enables versatile deployment.
- Internal Accelerometer: 3 Axis, ±2g, 4g, 8g
- Continuous diagnostic feedback on the CAN bus.
- Current limits and trip delays are configurable.
- Internal temperature sensing: -40°C to 125°C, ±2°C.
- Inrush current active management.
- Output channels may be combined (paralleled) to meet increased current requirement.
- Accurate voltage and current measurements/ feedback on each output channel.
- Optimized EMC.
- Rapid short circuit and over temperature protection of the unit, loads and wiring.
- Thermal shut down of individual output drivers.
- Over voltage clamp.
- Electrostatic discharge protection.
- Robust aluminium enclosure: IP67 compliant.
- Suited for extreme vibration and mechanical shock environments.
- Vehicle power management.
- Industrial automation.
- Six configurable inputs.
- Fourteen configurable high-side driver outputs (250A total).
- Operating voltage: 10VDC to 36VDC.
- Operating temperature: -30°C to +85°C.
- Reverse polarity protection up to 100VDC.
- MIL-STD-1275 Version D compliant.
- Physical size (mm): 197 x 157 x 49 (W x L x H).
- Mass: 7.5kg.